Thursday, January 22, 2015

first project for 2015


Well I have started the year off big.....

Here's the first project for the year...


Ive had this unit for ever and a day ...

While I liked it when we got it I don't any more...

So I finally got around to changing it with Kevin's help...


First off Kevin replaced the slats for tongue and groove panels in the doors..

The unit had black hinges and brackets well Kev took them off and patched the holes and bought silver hinges...


Oh I didn't undercoat it because I tested the paint on the side and left it for quite a while before we painted it and it didn't bleed so I do we were OK ..


Oh goodness are we doing the right thing....

We can still stop....


So off I went and started painting and painting and painting felt like it took forever and it did...

                                

We decided that as it gets used heaps opening and closing that I wanted a durable paint so we used Dulux Aqua Enamel...

This covers so good and dries fast too...

Yes we painted it in our lounge room it was too big and heavy too move so we just used dropped sheets...


Almost done....

It was about here that I went down hill sick so Kevin finished the unit off....

And he did the best job...

In case your wondering the doors are in the garage...


And here she is finished.....

I love it so much .....

looks fresh and clean......

thanks Kev.....

Oh I didn't undercoat it because I tested the paint on the side and left it for quite a while before we painted it and it didn't bleed so I do we were OK ..

 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. It truly is a beauty Dee!!! You guys have the magic touch! Wat a team you & Kev....giving new life to everything you touch!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x