Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ice Cream Cupcakes



The LM had a cake stall at school this week and I knew there would be heaps of cup cakes so I wanted to do something different...


So I did.....

I made Ice Cream Cupcakes...

Here's how I did it....


Use a mini muffin tin and place your ice cream cones in this.

Your cones will be stable as you bake them now....

You will be putting this in the oven cones, tray and cake  mix don't worry it does work...


I made up a cupcake mix that I use all the time or you could use a packet mix...


I filled the cones with cake mix  almost to the top...


Cook in a medium oven for 15-20 mins or until golden...

Some mix may overflow but that's ok just break it off if you want...

Let cool...


I used pre made frosting as I was short on time but hey I do like this icing it pipes really well.

I just piped a swirl on top so it looks like a soft frosting cone....

They look good like this but they are for kids lets make the more fun....


I used a Jaffa for the top then I sprinkled "Nerd" lollies over the icing .....

You can use whatever lollies or cake decorating sprinkles  that you have on hand...
 

So there you have it Ice Cream Cupcakes.....

So simple.....

So easy......

The best part was apparently they were one of the first things to go at the cake stall tomorrow I'll show you another version that sold out just as fast....

Today I am sharing at  Wow us Wednesdays

3 comments:

  1. these ice cream cupcakes look amazingly delish! I have to go check out the other recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were loved by the kids hope you make some-love dee x

      Delete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x