Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The old white bed

Well I have shown the guest room all finished but here is a little story about the bed....
The top photo is the bed when we bought it ...I forgot to get a picture of the foot of the bed but it was the same.....

It looked OK when I bought it on line but hey photos can lie....It was bubbling in some parts and just yuck in others.Kev said it had been done in some sort of oil paint any way no matter how it was painted it was yuck....

The bottom photo shows where Kev spent hours on it peeling off the paint and I mean literally peeling off the paint..Kev was peeling large pieces off at a time....

After all that peeling there was sanding and more sanding and hey even a little more sanding and then she was spray painted with undercoat and then she was ready .....

But we wernt......


They sat in the garage for around seven months  then we decided OK lets do it....

Here is a picture of the bed  undercoated waiting to be painted...


The bed was broken in a couple of pieces around the border but Kevin cut a bit of timber and fixed all that -gee he is clever....


I love the details on the bed....


Hey finally a photo of the foot of the bed  after I had given it a coat of chalk paint....


One coat down and I think it will need another two coats to make sure it has the coverage I want....

When it was dried we sealed it with two coats of Porters sealer which gave it a lovely finish


And here she is all done and looking very pretty...the walls wernt wallpapered here but you get the idea.


Very very happy with this bed now....

Today I am at Wow Us Wednesdays

4 comments:

  1. Dee,
    It looks gorgeous. Such a great job. Gives your bed in there some really sweet personality. The room is so pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris I love how it looks now its a small room but just right for visitors.-love dee x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy took awhile to do but we love it-love dee x

      Delete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x