Friday, August 22, 2014

Easy Salmon Pasta


I get sick and tired of cooking the same things over and over again (don't we all) so when Kerry told me about this recipe I didn't hesitate to make it....

Only problem for me was I don't like salmon and I don't like wine which is part of the recipe but I knew Kev would like it so I would make something else for the LM and me...


What you need is....

2 1/2 cups of pasta
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2 small red onion chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of capers
100-200 grams of smoked salmon roughly torn
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 of cream
pepper.

Cook pasta

Put olive oil in pan and cook garlic and onion

reduce heat and add capers and salmon

Add wine cream and pepper and simmer on a high heat till reduced and thickened

Stir through pasta and serve.


It really was that simple.

I thought come on Dee you have to at least try it and I was pleasantly surprised it was good so next time I cook it I will have some. But the biggest surprise was the LM I made him try it and he loved it so I gave him some on his plate with his chicken nuggets. But it wasn't enough he wanted more so he ended up eating a good size bowl of this and his nuggets.

So this dish is a keeper. Thanks Kerry

1 comment:

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x