Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Mums homemade Cheese cake....


My mum is a great cook and she loves trying out new recipes.

While we were up in Qld mum made this amazing cheese cake for dessert one night .Kevin loved it which made me want to make it again just for him.....ahh nice wife aren't I....

On the weekend we had our best friends over for dinner and I made this for Lisa as her birthday cake

So here is the recipe..
                Mum's Amazing  Cheese Cake....


You will need

Base
1 packet of butternut cookies..
125gram of melted butter...

I used a food processor to crumble the biscuits up...
Add the butter  and mix
I used a greased spring form pan and pressed the biscuit mixture into  the base and then put in the refrigerator to set ...



Now for the filling you will need the following....

375grams of softened Philadelphia Cream cheese...
1 can of condensed milk...
250ml of thickened cream...
lemon juice to taste....

Using a spoon break up the cream cheese till no lumps ...
Add the condensed milk and thickened cream and mix slowly...
I used my electric mixer here and used it on low speed...
Mix till all blended and smooth....
Now add the lemon juice a little at a time until it tastes how you want it  ....

Pour mixture in pan with the biscuit base and refrigerate....

I made some chocolate swirls to put on top they were pretty rough as I couldn't find my piping bag  so I just melted some chocolate  and put it in a snap lock bag and cut a little hole in it and piped away.
I set them in the fridge and just before serving I put them on the cake with some strawberry's.If this didn't work I had my back up ready -a Flake bar which I would have just crumbled over the top...


                                                         Looks yum doesn't it....


And here is the Birthday girl......Happy Birthday Lisa.....

love


2 comments:

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x