Thursday, February 6, 2014

Annie Sloans Chalk Paint on glass....




I have had these lights for a while now around ten years I think and somehow the painted border has gradually been coming off...

They don't get washed as often as they should but it shouldn't have gone like this.....



As we are doing up the house I was abit angry as I didn't want to have to buy more lights.There are 3 in total with this style in our dinning lounge and kitchen area so I knew it was going to be expensive to replace them all...



Anyway I got thinking then I thought what about Annie Sloan's chalk paint that should work...

 
                                    So out she came the colour I had was pure white.


I used a small brush and put a good coat of paint onto the raised area....



When is had been on for about 30mins I got a soft cloth and wet it slightly then just wiped over the raised pattern till I got the desired effect....



Wow it worked beautifully.The lighting here makes it look a lot brighter than in actual life but they all look brand new again.

So I have found a new use for chalk paint and I have a very happy husband because I didn't have to go buy more lights

love

2 comments:

  1. Smart thinkin' girl! I had to laugh when you said, They don't get washed as often as the should...wash lights...yes I really should!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! Just think of all the things you can buy with the money you saved instead of buying new light fittings :) He he

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x