Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My stunning new cabinet...


Looky Looky what I got.....

I am a follower of  a wonderful blog called Lilyfield Life..The owner of this blog is Fiona who is so talented with her furniture restoration that it is amazing....she has on her blog furniture ,hints .some recipes it is just a great Australian blog...

Not only is she talented she shares who knowledge which is pretty unusual in this world and is only too happy to help someone ...

Well I have always loved her painted pieces and have come close to getting some but either they have sold or there was the time when I fell in love with her coffee table and she gave me first dibs on it but Kevin didn't like it so I let it go it is a decision that I regret every day. So I vowed that if I saw something again I like it would be coming home with me.....

And I found it....

Fiona posted this picture of a little cabinet she had bought and it was for sale.Well not for long I contacted her straight away and this beauty was mine....

Then I told Kev who said yeah ok if that's what you want ...

Well I did want....


This is my beauty half way along......


And this is the lovely Fiona with my beautiful cabinet when we picked her up....
I tell you I don't know what I was more excited about my cupboard or meeting Fiona....

She was exactly how she is on her blog....warm and very friendly and we got to meet her lovely husband Phil and kids Jonty and Sascha...

See that little white car behind Fiona well that is ours and yes this cupboard did  fit inside of it  lovely....thank goodness...


The top is new timber which Fiona has stained and waxed to the most beautiful finish.....


Here she is in her new (maybe) spot ...I think it looks so good here but still unsure ...and OMG  I am not using a doiley on this (YET) ha ha ..


                                                                    A close up view....


Sorry here she is again...I am just so happy with it.Fiona thinks that she may have been a coffee table once and a separate cupboard but whatever she was it has been married up great and I think is perfect...

Now I just have to think what to put inside it...ha ha ha


Last look at my new baby....well for today anyway...

Thanks Fiona I am so happy with this and so so proud to be the owner of a piece of your work..FINALLY ...


4 comments:

  1. Dee! I'm so excited for you!! It's gorgeous, and I love the feet. I understand the thrill of owning a piece of furniture that just captures your heart. You are so fortunate to have snagged this. It looks beautiful in your home. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meridith that's what I like best the feet.Hope all is well with you and your family-love dee x

      Delete
  2. Looks fabulous, no wonder you are so happy with it. Off to have a look at her blog
    Cheers
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary I really love it in case you didn't notice..ha ha I hope you like Fionas blog it is really nice-love dee x

      Delete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x