Monday, November 18, 2013

Baby Blanket



I love this wool or should I say cotton? either way I think it is the best and I think no I know this is what I am going to use all the time now for blankets and such....

Talia is due to have her little Princess very soon I think it is about a weeks time so I decided that since I enjoyed making my cream doiley blanket here so much that I would make one up for Talia's baby .


I made it in white and made a heap of my little easy peasy crotchet flowers here so I could place them on the blanket.We know it is a little girl so I'm safe doing this....fingers crossed...


                                                    I love how it turned out....BUT.....


                                I LOVE LOVE LOVE it with the little flowers on it .....


It is on my queen bed here to give an idea of the size...




I used 6 balls of Sugar n Cream and 1 ball of pink for the flowers.I also used a smaller needle this time as I am a loose crotcher (is that a word? well you know what I mean)
We gave it to Talia at Loni's Engagement party she loved it which made me feel good.I hope she will treasure it and one day give it to her daughter to pass on...

I still have the beautiful circle blanket that my mum made for me when I was pregnant.I brought Kerry home from hospital in it and we used it for her Christening then it was washed and put away for 30years till Kerry was pregnant.

Then I got it out and mum washed it and it was given to Kerry for Jaxon ..The blanket looked brand new...so our little baby blanket that my mother lovingly made for her first grandchild has become a family heirloom.I hope I see it go to Jaxon's baby and I hope that Talia's little baby is born safe and sound and loves her blanket...

1 comment:

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x