Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Rust-Oleum Excited....

I didn't think I could get excited about a can of spray paint but yes I AM EXCITED....

I have been reading and following Paisley Vintages blog  here and Instagram and she recently did some work for Rust-Oleum's new Spray paint called 2X..

It is a primer and paint in a can with double the coverage.....

Yeah yeah I thought....but the more I read the more I liked and wanted...I really liked what she did with it..

Bunnings are supposed to get it in but every time I went in there the Rep hadn't been in to set it up yet... Last week I rang them rather than go in and the lady I got was so helpful she said they were there but just not set up and she couldn't see why I couldn't buy it now...Well I jumped on it and gave her seven colours to start with she found these and put them under the counter for me to pick up...

Kerry was coming over that day so  I got her to take me over to Bunnings first and like I said I was EXCITED...and I wanted to get it while that lady was at work.
                          The colour chart....arn't they great colours and they are pretty true to this ...


These are the first seven cans that came home with me that day ...and now I have a problem I want to paint something now but Oh no what to paint....


Garden Gnome to the rescue....he was sprayed in Gloss Seaside and even though I don't like blue this colour is great and I know it will be popular.This little fella will be living at Kerry's place she thought he was cute...
This Gnome only has one coat on him but the coverage is great ....and the colour brilliant....now what else have I got around here to paint?


Another Gnome well when you are on a good thing stick to it...


This time I think I will use Gloss Sun Yellow....

He is a keeper as you can see he looks so cute and sunny in my pot of pansy's...




I had this cane basket for over 20 years and for the last 12 years it has been sitting on top of the pantry gathering dust.It was actually in the garage waiting to be in the next rubbish pick up well not now he isn't I gave him two coats of Gloss  Meadow Green....



He looks stunning .I truly cant believe it is the same basket...



Next I wanted to try the Gloss Key Lime the colour just looks like Summer....I painted my little bird in this colour poor little bird he has been so many colours but this one is it he is staying this wonderful colour...


                                                 He now hangs in my kitchen .....


                Can you see my ducks you have to look carefully but they are there...


   I  went mad with this colour and painted some wire ducks I had in the garden with it...you can see them now...



Even the flowers got a bit of paint  on them and well sorry Mother Nature but I think they look so cute...


                                             The old red watering can got a face lift...


As did the grass around it...Oh well I was in a hurry and had no time to put down some paper....

 
I had this pot and tried to paint it I cant remember what I used but I didn't like it so...
 

Out came "Satin Blossom White" love it now....
 
So I am one happy lady here at the moment and have quite a few things that is going to get the treatment very soon ..

3 comments:

  1. I am smiling so big thinking of you going crazy with all that paint! I can only imagine what Kevin is saying :) Those little dwarves of snow whites are so stinkin' cute! Paint away my friend! You are sure good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure Kevin doesn't stand still or you'll spray him. What colour would suit him??? Everything looks nice & fresh....go Deidre

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at Joan - I was going to say the same thing :)

    All your spray paint projects look amazing (love the blue gnome!). I have just brought some spray paint for a few projects, but will have to keep an eye out for that range.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x