Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Red Apples Green Apples?





I love using apples for decorations around the house. Always have and always will.

I love having a bowl of apples on the table or bench and love both red and green apples.

But that is about to change.

We are doing some renovations to our house and unfortunately the red apples don't go with the colours I am going to be using.
Now the problem is I have two pieces that I didn't want to get rid of but I had to because they are red then I had an idea to repaint them...

I did folk art for years so I knew how to do the colours and dry brushing so what have I got to lose...



These three wooden apples sit in my entry way window,they make me smile whenever I see them but out came my paints and this is the end result...


Bad photo but this is where they will live and its morning and  the sun comes streaming through in hear but I think they look Beautiful...


I moved them over to the other table to take a better picture,here you can see all the colours I used..

And while I think they looked good in either red or green I think no I know I now prefer the green ones..



I bought this sign while we were on our Honeymoon in Tasmania so I wasn't going to chuck this one away I have this hanging in my kitchen.

So once again out came the paints...


And once again the result is fantastic I actually prefer this over the red as well...

So next time you are changing your décor and are going to throw something out  don't do it just try repainting it first what have you got to lose it's only paint.I was lucky I has all my Jo Sonjas paint so this cost nothing and it only took about 30 minutes....

I am now one very happy lady now...

Today I am sharing at Wow Us Wednesdays

2 comments:

  1. i like both red and green. i have both in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green look so much better.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x