Saturday, October 19, 2013

LM's first school project.......

School sucks yep you heard me right SCHOOL SUCKS or more truth is KINDER GARDEN SUCKS

LM informed me a couple of weeks ago he had to make a house for one of his toys. I assumed it was for him not school as no notes nothing had been sent home.....


He mentioned it a couple more times but I thought he just wanted to do craft so we did but not the house and still there were no notes...


Finally he got upset and said he had to have his house in school tomorrow or he would be in trouble What!! Where is the note !!! I rang a friend who's son is in this class and she said yeah they have to make a pet house by themselves,the teacher didn't want the parents doing it for the kids that's why there was no note.
Come on teacher they are 5 and 6 year old's we have to help them ...and why not send a note explaining all this and saying to us parents to try not to be involve ed and do too much...


So I let the LM choose some bits out of the craft room...I put the hot glue on the piece then he put it on the box...I put the box together with tape and staples as the LM couldn't....
In the end we had a great time making it and laughed as we went along .I am posting about this as it is the LM's first school project and there wont want to be too many more like this I hope the next teacher has the sense to send a note home and not rely on a six year old to tell you all about what needs to be done.
 
When I asked him what they were studying (hoping it could give me a glue to what this project was to be ) he said "I forget"
Can't win ha ha

2 comments:

  1. Annaleise's class is doing 'My Backyard' - so Aussie animals etc. She has to do a 1-2 minute speech independently in week nine. So we have to get the information and give it to the Kids and then they do the solo speech presentation part. There's no marks awarded for any posters, props, etc that they bring (even if they made them themselves) to minimise the parent input). It's both good and bad, but the note did a crap job of explaining it all. It didn't even say when it was due...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house looks good. Typical of school not to send a note home

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x