Sunday, October 13, 2013

Easy Jam Drops

One of my favourite biscuits of all time to eat and make  is Jam drops....this is a real family favourite...


When I lived on the farm (many many years ago) my friend Maureen showed me how to make these for the farmhands morning or afternoon tea (we called it smoko)....

It is so fast and easy your should have all the ingredients in your pantry but the best thing about these is they are really delicious hot or cold.

You will need....

self raising flour.
2 eggs.
3 tablespoons of butter.
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
1 cup sugar.
jam- whatever type you like.I use strawberry.

Cream your butter and sugar add vanilla essence.
Next add both eggs mix together.
Now add sifted self raising flour to mix.I cant say how much flour to use but it till the mix becomes pliable.Not to soft and not to hard just like play dough texture....

roll into little balls.
use your finger to make an indent in ball.
put a spoonful of jam onto biscuit ball
these biscuit's do spread a little so remember that when putting them onto a tray.
.

Cook for around 12-15 mins or until light golden colour.My oven was at 165degrees.


I don't know if you can freeze these because mine don't last that long .But I do know Kerry used to take them to school and now the LM does as well.

I hope you will give them a try...
Enjoy....

PS  As my old friend Carlie used to say "they arn't fattening if you have a diet drink with them"ha ha ha  it used to be her favourite saying if she was eating some sort of cream filled anything....

1 comment:

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x