Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Best Ever Pork Belly...



Do you like pork belly???

I wasn't a fan till Kerry cooked this for dinner one night for Kev and I and now I am hooked....


Slice up around 5 to 6 brown onions.
Score your meat and pour boiling water over it.then pat dry.
Rub salt onto the skin and put in a very hot oven for around 35mins or until your skin has crackled....

Turn your oven down to around 150 (very low heat ) and cooked for a further 4 hours or more if you use a lower heat.


Cut up some green apples and some pears.The green pears tend to take a bit longer to cook so I used brown pears(delish)....


Now you have to eat a couple of pieces because you don't want to cook crap fruit do you?


When your meat is almost ready (mine was after 4 hours) put your apples and pears around the pork and put back in oven for about 30-40mins till fruit is cooked...


The pork is beautifully crackled ,the meat just fell off your fork it was so tender.The onions were delish as per Kevin cause I didn't eat them....I just served with some potatoes and gravy and let me tell you it was the...........
                                                  BEST EVER PORK BELLY....
 
Thanks Kerry for such a easy and delicious recipe.
Today I am sharing at Wow Us Wednesdays

2 comments:

  1. Will definately have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding pork belly was a feat in our area. I had to search it out for a recipe I had that used it with a basil mix and then rolled up. Yes, I am a fan! Wonderful!
    Too bad butcher shops around here look aghast when you ask. I found a butcher that sells at a Farmers Market that has pork belly, whoopee!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x