Monday, August 19, 2013

Little Man's bedroom ...

It has only been about 6 years or so that I have been wanting to repaint this room.I mean I have re changed things in here like quilt covers and little things but I wanted to completely re paint it to make it look clean and fresh and the ceiling URGGGHHH it has that texture "popcorn" thing going on and I cant stand it...

When the LM came to live with us we roughly painted the room and put in some book cases and bead board around the room.It is a quite big room it used to be Kevins master bedroom before he did some extenstions and made another room.The only thing I don't like about the room is it is at the front of the house and we are at the back.Luckily I am a light sleeper but it is weird having him not in the room next to me....

 
I used to have the room with a jungle animal theme which was good till he was 5 years old .I cant find a picture of the first room so just use your imagination it looked good ...


               Then I changed it to a superhero theme but I was never entirely happy with it.


So finally it was time to do the room....Kevin peeled off  most of the ceiling then spent ages sanding and sealing it .then he started painting 2 coats of sealer sanding in between and then two coats of Dulux Quarter Lexicon the same colour was used  for the walls  and ceiling.....
 
 
So now that we are painting his room  I am going to try to unclutter his room and boy does the LM's room need to be uncluttered.

I am always getting rid of things that he has out grown but I am going to be tougher now.
Out with the stuffed toys he doesn't play with ...


Out with the baby toys (well I may keep one or two )

 
Out with the clothes that don't fit him...OMG he has so many clothes.


I am repainting his bookcases white so they will blend into the walls.You can really tell the difference between the old paint to the new colour here on the bead board BRIGHT....

Yes and  Kevin started doing the room without taking everything out URGHHH...that's right you heard me correctly oh he did throw a plastic drop sheet on but that was it..

So after some whingeing (who me !) LM"S things were placed (I call it thrown) into our pool room.Which I am so lucky it is here (sarcasm) because it is the first room you see when you walk into the house and of course I don't mind (more sarcasm this time with gritted teeth) that as soon as you walk into our house you are confronted by this mess as you walk by the door.......
 

                                                 What a #@%$ mess I hate this.....


I love the finished room.And YES it has been decluttered.I have purged heaps and heaps of things out so now I am happy that there isn't as much in here.Yes to some people (mum) it will look cluttered but hey I love it and I am so happy with how it all turned out.It is just what I wanted bright and fresh looking...

Sorry about the photos I thought it was something on my computer screen but it was on the camera so it is all fixed now....


We bought his new quilt set from Harvey Norman it was $120 for a double size quilt cover.LM's bed is king single so this fits great.When I saw it online I thought it was a 'whiter' white and was a bit upset when Kev brought it home.But after we put it on the bed I love it it really suits the room and is not too baby nor too grown up.
 
So after all the mess I now have one finished room and I love it .
Kev and I made a great team painting it up and thank god we did because we still have heaps and heaps more to do...ha ha ha

Today I am sharing at Wow us Wednesdays

2 comments:

  1. It looks so totally different & I love the red.
    A good job done by both of you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, and he still has his rocket!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x