Thursday, August 1, 2013

Kerry's Delish Chicken and Vegetable Soup.

Kerry was telling me about a soup she makes and it sounded so delish I had to try it and hey friends it is super easy and fast...


Kerry's Delish  Chicken and Vegetable Soup....

All you need is ...

Chicken....I used a couple (4) of thigh pieces and cut into small pieces...
2 Potatoes -peeled and cut into cubes....
Garlic- chopped up finely...
1 Carrots sliced...
1 Onion...diced ...
Chicken stock.....I used I large box.
I also put a couple of chicken stock cubes and added another cup of water....

Put all of the above into a large pot and cook till chicken is done...

Now put the following into the pot...

1 leek cut up finely...
A couple of  handfuls of corn kernels...
1 cup of rice....I used Jasmine rice....
salt and pepper to taste....
cook for a further 10 Min's then just before serving add some frozen peas.I forgot this but Kerry puts them in when she makes it.


"So Kevin don't I have enough pepper already in the soup for you that you have to add more....????"

This made a big pot of soup that we all had for dinner that night with some  crusty bread we had  plenty of leftovers for the next night.....

I have never had soup with rice in it and I love it ,I liked it better than noodles it is also really nice the next day as the rice hasn't gone mushy like noodles usually do...

So next time you feel like some soup give this one a try.

2 comments:

  1. It looks delish Dee - going to pin this one -
    I LOVE soup - could exist on it actually - I often use rice!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it and it's lovely with the rice, such a change from noodles. Next time I'll use creamed corn & see how it goes. Thanks Kerry for the recipe & Deidre for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x