Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Jaxon Birth Announcement

 

Yesterday I was feeling crap (well that is how I feel everyday ha ha ) so I had to take it easy  so I thought I would make something that didn't require me to move around too much  so out came the computer to go through some ideas that I have that I want to make.

One idea that I really liked was a Birth Announcement from Full of great Ideas Blog written by Stephanie. I had saved this ages ago as I thought it was really good... .

On her blog she has designed this beautiful sign and even gave a link for you to try it for yourself...I tried to do it when I first saw and gave up as it was too hard ,but today I thought I would give it another try................so glad I did .

The sign is done in Microsoft Publisher -I haven't used this before so that in it self was a big learning curve.The little trains which I really loved didn't come out on the link.I tried to download the font they were done on but that wouldn't work either  I was having promblems with the whole thing I would write something then it would disappear ,I couldn't get the right size URGGGHHHH   so now I was getting fed up and was just about to throw it away(well I couldn't throw it away as I was doing it on my lap top and I don't think Kevin would like it if I throw that away) so actually I was just about to delete it all when I had a great idea.

Since I liked the train so much I just copied and pasted her sign and put it in Pic Monkey where I cropped just the train and then I inserted it into Publisher and guess what "IT WORKED"  yeah....

Then I took a big breath and did it bit by bit slowly doing it my way  and guess what this worked as well....

So after this I just got in and finished it all up and was quite proud of myself,then I gave  it to my lovely husband who resized it twice and printed it out, Yes twice because I couldn't decide what size I wanted and I still don't.

I have taken a picture of both sizes to show you and will give them both to Kerry and she can decide which one she likes as they are for her.


So do you like this one which is smaller and has a matt board around it ......


Or this one which fills the entire frame and has no matt board.....


I put them together here so it is easy to see....I think no I know I prefer the one with a matt board around it.The frame is 8 x10 inches.....

So if you are looking for a gift to give for a new baby or for a Christening/Birthday gift why don't you give this a try.It only cost me $5 for the frame and we just  printed it out at home so really all you need to do is have an hour or so to sit down and fiddle around in Publisher to make this as if you follow the link above most of the hard work is done.


Just wanted to give you another look as you can tell I am quite happy with this...

Oh she also has the design done in pinks for a girl. So thanks Stephanie for doing this I am off now to make  a couple more for gifts.....

I am sharing at Wow Us Wednesdays

Oh and just a little update tonight I made two more boy signs and a girl sign all turned out stunning.....................
 For one grandson  Luca I havn't framed it yet.............

 I cant forget one for the LM can I ......

And here is my first girl one.The template had the colour black and two shades of pink I changed the black to a dusty purple colour and just love how it turned out.This one is for our little granddaughter.

Hope you give them a try and if you have any problems just email me so I can help. xxx



2 comments:

  1. First of all I LOVE this idea - and second of all I much prefer the one with the matt board - makes it look more professional I think - that's my non expert opinion anyway Dee LOL
    It's beautiful and I'm sure Kerry's going to love it!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the matt board looks better.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x