Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Last Baby Shower Post.



This is the last lot of bits from the shower .I have been meaning to do this post but kept putting it off (guess I am too lazy ) and also I was thinking gee I am probably boring everyone with the shower photos but then I thought just do it.

So here goes......

One of the first things I made were some "words of advice" cards for the new parents to be..We put them out on the present table and everyone filled in the card.The LM wanted to put "Peanut has a big head"on his.(he listens to everything that kid ) but I got him to write something else ...He put "Peanut will be my friend"cute hey...his words better than a big head...

I made them up in pic monkey then put them in a word doc and put 6 to a page and printed them on cardstock....They have turned out really well .Tick done off my list.......


I wanted a little "baby" sign for the sweet table.It ended up on another wall and looked good just the same...
I already had this frame painted white waiting to go on my photo wall so I got Kev to make a back for it out of mdf.  I used spray adhesive to stick down this beautiful chevron print material on it and then put it in the frame-done.I then painted the letters white and stuck them on tied a bit of blue ribbon for the hanger. Tick another one done off my list.

 
My dad made me an awesome cake pop stand at Christmas it holds around 60 pops which is wonderful but I had only made 36 cake pops for the shower so what to do ........I ended up getting Kev (yeah I know poor Kevin boo hoo -he loves it ) to cut it in half and putting a back on it .So now I have 2 cake pop stand which hold 30 pops.

Kev did a great job but hating cutting up my dads work but in the long run I will use this size more....I then painted it white and attached a silver bow on it and also around both teirs.I had run out of blue ribbon by this stage so next best thing was silver..... Next time I need to use it I can put any colour bow on to match the pops....Tick another one off my list...

I found this really cute subway printable from this unreal blog eighteen25  it comes in a few different colour ways and this one really suites the shower.Kev resized it for me and I used one of my favorite frames for display.I was suprised that Kerry really liked it and has kept it for Peanuts room.And trust me I made this the morning of the shower another last minute idea....


The food we made was unreal.I got some mini pastry cases and made caramel tarts in some and added a Hersery's kiss on top,then some strawberry custard tarts these looked so good and lastly little custard tarts.These pastrys were a hit as they were bite size so everyone could try each one...yummy

Remember my blue and white lollies I was after well here they all are on the sweet table..


I am really pleased with this as it was my first sweet table I have made.....

And of course there was cake pops.

 
I feel I am getting good at these now....WHOA watch out my big head is about to explode.....ha ha
 
Last photo just all my bits ....I feel it all came together so good just like the day...
 
Thanks for putting up with me showing so many post about the shower but just as it was important to Kerry & Emmanual it was very important to me and thanks to everyone who made it so.

4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous photos Dee!
    Those cake pops look to die!
    It must have been a magical shower................
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You done a great job. I overheard other guests commenting on how lovely & clever everything was. A few of them asked if you done it professionally and could they hire you. Cant get more of a compliment then that. My opinion is, it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You done a great job. I overheard other guests commenting on how lovely & clever everything was. A few of them asked if you done it professionally and could they hire you. Cant get more of a compliment then that. My opinion is, it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful display & selection of food. Everyone had a good time & I think that Kerry thoroughly enjoyed herself. A wonderful way to meet Mannie's family.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x