Friday, June 29, 2012

Healthy Who me?

The Little Man starts school next year so I have been thinking about school lunches and treatsand to try and make them healthy.

We are really lucky that he loves fruit so much so that will go in his lunch box .

Anyway the point of this post is  I thought I would try  to make musli bars  -experiment now so I can find just the right recipe.
Well this one turned out good .Except we all realise now  we don't like dried apricots=YUCK

You start by
puting in a saucepan the following and stir till the  sugar dissolves
125g butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoons peanut butter-optional

then in a  bowl  mix
1/2 cup dried chopped apricots
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup sultanas
1/2 cup plain flour
1 and 1/2 cups rice bubbles
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup rolled oats
and melted sugar and butter -stir well.Press into greased pan

Cook in 150degree oven for 40mins.

let cool then cut.


The finished slice -looks good and tastes the same.

It sounds alot of ingredients but it was fast and easy to make and best of all is LM loves it and as a suprise to me Kevin likes it also.
enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Yum. I used to make a recipe just about the same. Unfortunately I can't make it for the kids kindy lunchboxes as it's a nut free kindy (two children with anaphalactic reactions to peanut butter), will have to make it for home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that must be hard.thank goodness Aidan can still eat everything.And eat everything he does,love dee

      Delete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x