Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lattice slice

Well we have been cooking again

.While mum was down we were discussing different  recipes and I mentioned a cheesecake-lattice biscuit  slice that I used to make..Mum hadn't heard of it before so I decided to make it for her.

This is a heaps old recipe but truly great.And the best thing is it doesn't take long to do.From start to finish
less than 30 Min's....

So here it is




                                                   Cheesecake and lattice biscuits.

You will need

2 packets of lattice biscuits
2 packets of Philadelphia cream cheese.
1 sachet of gelatine
vanilla essence
lemon juice-fresh or bottled
sugar

Now I don't have measurements for the above because it is all done by taste.

Put the cream cheese in  mixer bowl and mix till all smooth
Add vanilla essence-just a little and lemon juice-just a little
Add sugar-I start with about half a cup-you can add more if you think you need it.

Mix all of the above
Now keep tasting this mixture till it is how you like it.
Either added vanilla essence  for a sweet cheesecake or lemon juice for a tangier taste.

Mix geletine as per directions.I only put half of this into cheesecake mix and disregard the rest.
Add  geletine mixture to cheese and mix in.

Put lattice biscuits shiny side up into a tin ( I had to cut some in half to fit the tin )
Pour in cheesecake mixture and spread over biscuits.
Put lattice biscuits on top same as the bottom layer

Put in fridge till set.

I find this mixture makes 12 pieces.

Enjoy....



The LM and me ..He was suppose to be helping but kept eating the biscuits...ha ha


Yes he loves it.....
love

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x