Monday, January 17, 2011

Knit one ,Purl one

Well it's that time a year again and I am a sucker for shopping gimmicks that make you buy something you don't want.

Yep that's me ...Mrs Gullible...

Yep .I am talking about shops who are putting out Easter eggs the day after Christmas etc.....or in this case a beautiful wool display showing all these gorgeous jumpers ,rugs and woollen hats to be knitted up and loved.... Set the scenes- roaring fires happy family's and  bonny babes Yes like I said" Hello sucker.."

The idea is great and the display wonderful but I am talking about displaying these in January 40 degrees heat come on ....

Like  today ,I went into Lincraft to get some buttons and OMG the Wool Display.

I love it .I love the colours  I love the textures.

Then I start checking out the patterns ......Come on I want buttons..............

But guess what I found ? this beautiful wool called Giggles and a pattern for a little hoodie for a baby.Quick who has a baby I can do this for ?-I like the blue wool think boy?  OK Kerry's friend has just  had a little boy called Maddox.Now she is a runner so I can imagine bub all wrapped up in this hoodie and laying in his pram all snug as a bug...

Right I am going to get this and do it .....OH look bamboo knitting needles I need them as well...




So I get it all....I start to walk to the exit -the excitement is starting to wear off-How do I explain this to Kev?


I walk out the door -sunlight hits me in the face ,I walk over to the car Kev looks at my goodies and says "Where are the buttons?" ......
                                                                                       love
                                                                                          dee x

1 comment:

  1. Happy knitting Deidre, it's far too hot to be doing that unless the air con is on. Say me, who is knitting pink scarfs for you know who...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x