Sunday, October 24, 2010

My new Blanket

Guess what.......
                   
                         I got my finished blanket this week from my wonderful wonderful wonderful mum...(I know I said wonderful 3 times but she deserves it more).

Anyway it is beautiful and so soft (the wool was an Alpaca blend from Spotlight) .It took about 50 balls of wool, Poor mum read the pattern wrong and did an extra 66 cream hexagons-but that is alright she is going to make another blanket and use them in that.(I  need that new blanket Mum-please whinge whinge whinge  )


So here is a couple of pictures of my beautiful blanket.............


Arn't the colours just right for my room.This is my winter quilt cover so the blanket matches great.Then in summer it is White with a fine silver thread on it so the blanket will match in again

PERFECT........



Just another view..

I LOVE MY NEW BLANKET

THANKS MUM LOVE YOU HEAPS
love

dee xx

2 comments:

  1. I love it so. Your mum is so patient and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you like it, even if I'm stupid enough to have read the pattern so wrong. After all the times I'd looked at it it still didn't click until I was about to sew it up. A real labour of love just for you Deidre, & I did enjoy doing every bit of it.
    Love you Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x